Kam Salisbury on 11 Apr 2004 16:55:03 -0000

[PLUG] Epson Print Server

Recently, I upgraded my inkjet to an Epson C84N which comes with an external
parallel port print server. The C823781 EpsonNet 10/100 Base-TX External
Print Server, has the following ports open...

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on  (192.168.1.15):
(The 1545 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
23/tcp     open        telnet
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
515/tcp    open        printer
631/tcp    open        cups
2501/tcp   open        rtsclient
9100/tcp   open        jetdirect

Notice port 631, CUPS? Is that cool or what!

Of course, when I tried to see any CUPS settings via the print server's web
management interface, there were no CUPS settings to be found. I did find
that the device acts autonomously in that you can connect to it via samba
client directly, or using LPR or IPP (CUPS).

--
Kam Salisbury
http://kamsalisbury.com