Art Clemons on 22 Apr 2004 01:16:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender (fwd)

This is a strange way to discover that my address has been spoofed.
I never sent this e-mail and have no idea who the intended
recipient is.
Anybody have any ideas about what to do about this?

What you got is a new technique for spreading infected files. Someone has you in an addressbook or list of email addresses, and you're sent an infected file in the hope you'll open it and infect your system. Of course, it probably won't work too well if you're not running windows.

I now use either a MAC or Linux to read all of my email to lessen the chance I'll fall for such a ploy, and at the same time I realize that it's only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to easily infect one or both.