James Fiore on 3 May 2004 14:35:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Am I only one w/trouble accessing Debian.org from Comcast?

I didn't try Debian.org but I was having problems with comcast.net dns
yesterday.  The problem persisted all morning and seemed to be
cleared-up by noon yesterday.  I could only use known IP addresses
because none of the domain names were resolving.

-----Original Message-----
From: mmalten@comcast.net [mailto:mmalten@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 10:19 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Am I only one w/trouble accessing Debian.org from
Comcast?

I was updating my system this weekend and discovered that I couldn't
access anything with a debian.org or debian.net domain.  Everything else
was available.

I couldn't get at it this AM from home, but it showed up when I tried to
access it from work.

So either Debian had some problem that went away over the weekend, or
Comcast has something weird with their DNS service.

Before I bug Comcast, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone else had
a problem.  If no one else did, then that's something I can tell Comcast
tech support.

Mitch. Linux user since 1997.  Debian since 2003.  Debian _stable_ since
April, 2004. (Don't ask).