Chip Salzenberg on 8 May 2004 02:08:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: How to prevent a particular version of a debian package from upgrading?

According to Walt Mankowski:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 09:41:14PM -0400, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Myself, I mark the package "hold" in dselect with the "=" command.
> > Then "apt-get dselect-upgrade" won't try to upgrade it.
>
> Then how do you know when a new version is available?

When you start dselect, anything with a newer version available shows
up at the top of the display, whether or not you've marked it "hold".
So you go back in to dselect _after_ upgrading once in a while and you
see what's been updated upstream.
--
Chip Salzenberg            - a.k.a. -             <chip@pobox.com>
'"Bob" is two dimensional, and that is what gives Him such depth.'