Magnus Hedemark on 13 May 2004 20:34:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] seeks a career clue (please don't flame)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Paul wrote:

> I think an important question is whether or not a programmer wants to go
> Object-Oriented.  Between C++ and Java, what do choosy programmers
> choose?  Which will the future market favor?

I'm not a developer by profession, but in general I tend to favor
technology that is not beholden to one vendor.  While it certainly will
preclude me from taking some opportunities for short term gain, in the
long haul it's a mindset that has served me well.

> Doesn't the CCNA certification require only one test?

Yes.  This one is low hanging fruit.  About a week of prep and one test
and you've got something that will get you work.