Paul . L . Snyder on 18 May 2004 18:26:06 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Fedora Core 2 Local mirrors?

"ChrisB." <chris@chrisbovasso.com> wrote on 05/18/2004 02:08:47 PM:

> Unfortunately I am at work and BitTorrent isn't an option. So I guess I
will
> keep chugging along on my 12k/sec connection to a Spanish mirror.

> 1% down, 2GB left!

Try a search using http://www.filemirrors.com - you can sometimes find
unlisted mirrors that way.  The Windows download manager GetRight has
an option to automatically upload file locations to this site, so other
users of the program can perform searches for alternate mirrors.

You need to know the name of the file that you are searching for.  You
might try, for example, searching on files beginning with "FC2-i386".
Changing how much of the filename you are searching for will yield
different results, as well.  Compare searches on "FC2-i386-disc" and
"FC2-i386-disc1".  Try searching for other discs, as well.
Unfortunately, you can't get multiple pages of search results, but you
may be able to find a tolerable server on this side of the Atlantic.

pls