Sijian Zhou on 28 May 2004 14:42:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Upgrade Linux within Linux environment

Thanks Tom and Art for answering my question. I read
online document from RedHat and Googling. None that I
followed quite work for me. Main problem is that mount
disappears after restart my laptop.

I have RH7.3 and Window XP Pro dual OS on my laptop.
Following Tom's instruction I have following
grub.conf:

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz       #Don't
know what is this for?
title FC2 install
        root (hd0,1)                   #root(hd3,0) is
not found, I modified from Tom's instruction.
        kernel /boot/fedora/vmlinuz
        initrd /boot/fedora/initrd.img
ks=/boot/fedora/isolinux.cfg ksdevice=link
ramdisk=524288
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-3)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-3 ro root=/dev/hda3
hdc=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd-2.4.18-3.img
title Windows XP
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

*I added #comment in this email. they are not in
grub.conf file.

I mount FC2-i386-disc1.iso to /mnt/disk1
Copied everything under /mnt/disk1/isolinux to
/boot/fedora directory.

Here is my error message after restart laptop and
choose 'FC2 install':

Booting 'FC2 install'
root (hd0,1)
File system type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
kernel /boot/fedora/vmlinuz
Error 15:File not found

I then checked /boot, /boot/grub. /boot/fedora mode,
all 755.

What do you think is my problem?

SJ