Jeff McAdams on 7 Jun 2004 13:32:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bash script and telnet

Matthew Ozor wrote:
> Im writting a script to log into a MUSH through
> telnet. My question is that in the MUSH there is a
> long welcome screen before the login prompt. Is there
> a way in BASH to to have it wait for the telnet server
> to ask for an input? I want to send my login
> information with the script.

Check out the expect language...this is exactly the type of thing it was
designed for.

You might be able to do it in bash directly, but it wouldn't be a
project that I'd be thrilled to undertake.
--
Jeff McAdams
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest." -- anonymous