Jason Costomiris on 16 Jun 2004 12:30:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Google, Microsoft, Yahoo down today.

On Jun 16, 2004, at 8:06 AM, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

Also, could you guys please quit top-posting? My bandwidth is sucked
by SMTP traffic enough already just with the spam...

I understand your preference for quote-respond rather than the inverse, but how does it affect your bandwidth? Do you actually read the first few hundred bytes before deciding whether or not to download the rest? Or do you mean mental bandwidth?

I'm guessing he's referring to the problem that comes along with top-posters. Invariably, because you see the end of the conversation before the beginning, it's easier to miss context, causing additional discussion to clarify the discussion... So, probably both mental and actual bandwidth..

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/