Stephen Gran on 22 Jun 2004 19:08:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] verizon dsl send mail

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:21:59AM -0700, sandy Bee said:
> I just signed up with verizon for dsl.
> I can fetch mail with fetchmail, and I can use the
> web.
> I cannot get my SMTP , exim, to work.  I get
> authorization errors.
> Could some one please help.  I use debian.
> truly,
> sandy

Unfortunately, we'll need more than that to really help you.  I am
assuming that Verizon needs authenticated SMTP even from addresses that
they serve?  That is a little strange, but not unlikely.  If that is the
case, what version of exim are you running?  That will make a big
difference in how to set up client auth smtp - v3 and v4 are fairly
different.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Kime's Law for the Reward of Meekness:  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Turning the other cheek merely ensures  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | two bruised cheeks.                     |