Frederick Heckel on 1 Jul 2004 16:24:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Open GL problem

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:19:45 -0400 sean finney <seanius@seanius.net>
claimed:

> while i'm not sure whether or not it's completely driver specific, i
> am using nvidia's driver specific extensions on my machine instead of
> xinerama.  i found them very well documented, they work great, and if
> i unplug one of my monitors it seems to automatically detect this and
> switch to a single headed mode.

i'm doing pretty much the same thing with an ATI Radeon 9600, and OpenGL
is perfectly happy on both heads. I think the driver won't do XV
properly in dual head mode, but OpenGL is fine.

(fwph)

--

Frederick Heckel
<fwph@sccs.swarthmore.edu>(primary)

fortune sez:
Q:  How many IBM CPU's does it take to execute a job?