Art Alexion on 6 Jul 2004 22:25:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] verizon dsl send mail

MJH wrote:

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 09:49 pm, Art Alexion wrote:

BTW, has anyone come across a decent how-to concerning setting up
Verizon PPOE on Linux? Until I get the wireless router that they
include in the package, I have only set it up on the win32 machine.

Install rp-pppoe. Some distributions include it, so check first, otherwise it's available from: http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_rp-pppoe.php

It's a while since I was on raw Verizon, but I seem to recall that worked fine and the configuration was simple (it prompted you for what little it needed).

Thanks. I have downloaded, and tomorrow I plan to install Coyote Linux on an old Gateway 486 to run as a pppoe router and firewall. In case others are interested, I'll report back on my successes or failures.

BTW, I have a CD with the latest versions of Clark Connect and SME Server. Anyone know if these will run on a 486?

--

art Alexion