M.Simons on 7 Jul 2004 20:57:04 -0000

[PLUG] Annual Linux Picnic/BBQ discuss at meeting

Greetings,

 I don't think I'll be making it... so someone bring this up please, and
discuss.

but august is the (or could be) the annual linux bbq/picnic (east coast)
this would be the uhm... is it 3rd? or 4th? annual... basically it's just
an excuse to get together and have a good time. :)

Paul (gyoza)/dpagin has somewhere the old website from last year which he
graciously made, but as I don't know if it's currently up or what it's IP
is, I can't point people to look at it..

The picnic is easy to do... not a problem.. but there are other avenues
that we can choose to go in...

anyways we need people to promote to other groups, and to take the reigns
of this..

also, there has always been an interest in doing a more in depth thing,
and thats why I titled the event the Philadelphia Linux/Unix Symposium
with the interest of eventually expanding it to other things.. some things
from the past years: a bar night GTG, and a computer/electronics swap
meet. (i.e. give it away/trade)  We might be able to do all these things
this year, if people want to get involved and are interested.

Dates to choose from are the weekends of august 20th for the picnic at
least either saturday the 21st, sunday the 22nd, or the weekend of the
27th -- saturday the 28th or sunday the 29th.

My nonprofit efforts are really takiong off and I am having less and less
time for this sort of stuff... speaking of which, anybody want to help
with a database or website? :)

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Need Stuff? Got Stuff?: Please Take Materials Exchange: www.pleasetake.org