Paul on 20 Jul 2004 23:58:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Web Hosting, Again

sam@piconap.com wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Paul wrote:
Which Web hosting company would you recommend? This is for a small

http://networkeleven.com/

Its Linux-based, has easy point-and-click backups, has PHP 4.3.5, MySQl, ssh, Mailing lists (PHPlist), and I don't use their SSL, but they set it up with a dedicated IP for an additional $2/mth IIRC.

Thanks. I checked on PHPlist. It says, "Posting to the mailinglist is via a webpage. It is therefore a one-way announcements system, directed from you to your audience." That should be fine in this case.

They seem to only have one server.  Could become a problem.

Isn't uptime percentage supposed to be based on a period of one year?