Paul on 4 Aug 2004 12:51:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CMS, revisited

Art Alexion wrote:

Paul wrote:

That person can learn the methods that I create; more than likely just database entries or uploading text files. (Uploading an HTML file causes a problem that could be solved by enabling PHP to replace the "header" and "footer" of the document.)

if you just want to standardize headers & footers, why not use something more simple (i.e. cleaner, faster & less subject to errors), like server side includes (SSI)?

That's what I'm talking about, except I'm using PHP functions instead of Apache functions or directives. But, first, the original headers and footers need to be removed. *I* can do that manually, but I can't expect a non-technical user to do that.