Dan Widyono on 13 Aug 2004 15:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux web server user setup

> I've tried both through SSH and through SFTP and I always get the same
> result.  Anyone have any suggestions about what I might be missing?

You're experiencing the drawback of that solution.  ACL's will get you the
rest of the way.

I'm wondering (don't know) if Samba provides the appropriate "Default
permissions" settings?

As a Unix workaround you can always "find <dir> -exec chmod g+rwX {} \;" in a
cron job, but that's not clean (think race conditions).

Dan W.