pinkee on 14 Aug 2004 23:09:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] X11 question

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 05:19:12PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
>
> >I rebooted and lo and behold X stopped working. Here are ther errors I
> >am getting:
> >
> >Symbol __glXFree from module
> >/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!
> >(EE) [GLX]: Failed to add GLX extension (NVIDIA XFree86 driver not
> >found)
> >

> Try re-installing the nVIDIA video driver.  The driver used to come in
> two pieces.  One half was the driver itself.  The other half was GLX.
> Now, you can just install from one file.  Do it.
>
> Also, make sure you conf file contains the line 'Load  "glx"' and that
> 'Load  "dri"' is commented out.

I reloaded the nvidia module adn now I get the splash screen but still
it quits witht he following errors:
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.gz" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf.gz" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf.gz" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pmf" already registered at priority 0

Any idea whats going on?

pinkee
--
http://www.cavegirl.org
"There's millions of people to offer advice and say how I should be,