Rebecca Ore on 17 Aug 2004 22:45:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: gmail?

On Tuesday, August 17, 2004, at 07:33 AM, M.Simons wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Alexander Birch wrote:
D'oh, I forgot there is a group at Orkut dedicated to giving everyone
a gmail account who wants one. I think it's Gmail Swap.

Of course, the problem there is that one needs an Orkut invite to get a gmail invite. :D

A couple of us have Orkut accounts and can invite people. If I recognize the name (someone has my 32 M chip for the Sparc5 and can trade that back to me for an invite :) ), I'll be happy to invite you as a friend. The server sucks in the evening and things are still a bit rough with the groups, but it's got a huge range of people on it, including a Philadelphia group, a West Philly group, and some local university groups, among others of local interest.