Bob Schwier on 21 Aug 2004 20:50:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] UPS, 2s failures

> >There was a year that there were four blackouts north of Girard while the
> >lights burned bright south of Girard.  It felt as though they were willing
> >to compromise my power so that the ritzier people in Center City could
> >enjoy unbroken service.
> >

> I bet.
I moved here, one door above Girard, twenty years ago.
I can honestly say I know why Blacks cannot lose their paranoia.  I've
caught it.  I bought this place because I could afford it and I really
don't regret it as I am fully aware of my real world alternatives but
I see that the city has two faces, one it exhibits to those
who can pay and one, a mask of disdain and unconcern, for those deemed
not worthy.  The city falls over itself to make tonier residents happy.
We cannot even get a chuck hole filled.
John Street is now our mayor, as councilman, he made the famous statement,
"Power not potholes."  He was my councilman so I had to go to the guy
from the state leg. to get anything done that was supposedly under city
preview.
Why I know about PECO is that my wife's fancy sewing machine equipment
(anyone know if you can get Brother's drivers writen in Linux? especially
PE Design.) went south after several grey outs.  The officials at PECO
were in full denial and a line man set her straight.
bs