Jeff Abrahamson on 3 Sep 2004 01:52:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] November

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:19:47PM -0400, PaulNM wrote:
>   [23 lines, 131 words, 1044 characters]  Top characters: _etiloas
>
> Bill Patterson wrote:
> > PLUG is actively recruiting a speaker for its November 2004 meeting.
> > Think think think.  Someone must have a product or project to speak of...
> >
> > Bill
>
> Well, I could give a presentation on my experiences restoring /usr after
> it had been inadvertently deleted (on Debian). I can modify the
> procedure slightly to include rpm based systems.  Also, I have two
> machines with enough space to install multiple distros and actually do
> the procedure during the presentation.  For good measure, we could also
> discuss other folders like /var and /boot.
>
> Thinking about this, it would actually be fun. "Trash an installation
> and fix without complete reinstall"

That sounds interesting.

And if you can demonstrate switching distro types (redhat to debian),
that'd be cooler.

And if you could do it all without rebooting... ;-)

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931686963/purple-20