sean finney on 8 Sep 2004 04:51:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Snort, Tripwire

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 08:03:04PM -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
> >What are you experiences and feelings about Snort and/or Tripwire?
>
> Tripwire came semi-configured with my distro.  Not intuitive at all ,
> but Red Hat actually included good paper documentation.  I check it
> every week or more often if I am updating stuff.

at swarthmore we use tripwire for servers (the licensed commercial
version), which has a centralized administrative interface, and
is a huge improvement from the standard email-submitting version.
i still think it's a little clunky and could have been better
implemented, but overall it makes my job quite a bit easier.

	sean