Stephen Gran on 8 Sep 2004 23:43:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hard drive crash - recovery

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:14:30PM -0400, eric@lucii.dnsalias.org said:
> Now, I try to mount the data file as a filesystem:
>    mount /home/buffer/recovery /mnt/tmp/ -t reiserfs -o loop=/dev/loop0,ro
>
> but I always end up with this "helpful" message:
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>        (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
>        ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
> I say "helpful" in the sense that it cannot tell the difference
> between "wrong fs type" and, for example, "too many mounted file
> systems" :-P

mount -o loop /home/buffer/recovery /mnt/tmp/ without the reiserfs,
maybe?  It shouldn't need to know more than that (when I mount an iso, I
don't need to specify -t iso9660).

As for the data recovery, I have no useful input.  Sorry, and good
luck,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Don't put too fine a point to your wit  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | for fear it should get blunted.   --    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Miguel de Cervantes                     |