Ian Reinhart Geiser on 10 Sep 2004 15:14:03 -0000

[PLUG] KDE Conference 2005

Greetings,
There is talk of proposing Philly as the location for the 2005 KDE
developers conference.  The only sticking point that we have is that the
conference has been growing every year, and forecasts put next years
attendance at 350-400 people.  150-200 of these are students and KDE
developers who cannot afford to attend a commercial conference location
like we have downtown.  Historicly we have been big fans of using
university campuses, but I'm having problems getting to "the right people"
to see if we can get into a campus for free or for cheap.

Basicly our requirements are on site food service that is discounted, or
at least bundled with the stay.  Dorms, or hostel type accomidations for
students and developers.  Hotels for those who can afford such things on
their own.  Lastly (most important in some peoples minds) computer labs
for the week long coding marathon. We also provide classes, and
presentations, so classrooms with beamers would be handy too.  Other nice
things would be easy access from the rail and bus lines, and close
proximity to bars ;)

if anyone has any inside links to villanova (my personal favorite),
swathmore, Upenn, or any other in the philly metro area please let me
know.

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser

+-Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri@sourcextreme.com
+-Vice President of Engineering
+-http://www.sourcextreme.com
+-It's not that we don't make mistakes, we just don't keep them around.