Stephen Gran on 13 Sep 2004 20:30:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mandrake Networking: pppoe & smb

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 03:49:20PM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> I recently installed Mandrake in a partition on my [smooth functioning,
> but elderly] red hat machine.  Everything good (after I fixed the way it
> hosed my existing grub configuration after promising not to).  Even KDE
> 3.1 runs smoother and faster than KDE 3.0 on the red hat 7.3 install.
> But...
>
> I can't get the Mandrake networking configurator, DrakConnect, nor
> trusty linuxconf, to set up the Ethernet cards so that I can connect to
> DSL or my Samba network.  Is there a tool or trick that anyone can suggest?

It sounds like a job for $EDITOR, modprobe, and a cup of coffee.  I'm
not being sarcastic, just offering the advice that when the frontends
fail, it may be time to do it the old fashioned way.  That, and since
there is nothing to go on, I can't begin to hazard a guess at the
problem.

Sorry,
|  Stephen Gran                  | You have an ambitious nature and may    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | make a name for yourself.               |