George Gallen on 15 Sep 2004 13:58:02 -0000

[PLUG] Phillys hot spots...

Title: Phillys hot spots...

How does the RIAA deal with municipal hotspots?
If someone links up in Love Park, and downloads music from a P2P, the IP
  comes back to Philadelphia City (or whoever is hosting the project). What is
  to stop these hotspots from becoming a mecca for childporn downloaders?
  or even terroristic threats?

I love the idea of using light poles with mini-repeaters.

It is a method I saw a few years ago, to use that same technique and cable to function
as a cell phone repeater instead of using cell phone towers, but it never seems to get
used.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management company
http://www.slackinc.com