Doug Crompton on 24 Sep 2004 14:08:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linksys and DSL

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Eug wrote:

> Doug Crompton wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Paul wrote:
> >
> >>I think the router in Linux Journal was the WRT54G, which is a
> >>wireless router.
> >
> > Yes it was. This is the non-wireless version of that and it too is
> > linux based. The GPL code is downloadable at the Linksys website.
>
> Doug,
>
> This statement is not true. I challenge you to point to the exact
> location where you can download the "linux sources" for the BEFSR41.
> It's not listed ANYWHERE on http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp.

Yes, I was mistaken on that. I thought I saw the GPL link but it must have
been at the WRT54 page. There are a number of links that elude to it being
Linux based but nothing has been released.

A Linux How-to on the BEFSR41 can be found at:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Linksys-Blue-Box-Router-HOWTO.html

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *