sean finney on 11 Oct 2004 11:50:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Logrotate

hi nick,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:51:54AM -0700, Nick Read wrote:
> I would like some help please with emailing our mail
> logs to an account.
>
> I am running Fedora2 and Sendmail 8.1
>
> I have managed to get the logwatch logs to mail out
> but not sure how to email our maillogs.

assuming you actually have a good reason for mailing mail
logs, your best bet would be something like:

/var/log/mail.log {
	# rest of your options
	prerotate
	mail -s "mail logs" root < /var/log/mail.log
	endscript
}

but i'd first ask yourself whether you really need those
mail logs emailed in the first place, as opposed to having some log
summarizing script run over them.

	sean