Dayton Gray on 14 Oct 2004 18:20:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Editorial Integrity

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:33:53 -0400 (EDT), Ron Mansolino wrote
> Check out this article about a phpmyadmin bug.
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/10/14/HNmysqlbug_1.html
>
> take note of the only link, at the bottom of the article.
>
> Amused,
> --
> Ron Mansolino   RMsolino@netaxs.com   http://www.netaxs.com/~rmsolino/

The title of the article is particularly misleading: "New bug found in MySQL"

This is in fact only a bug with a "third party" administration tool. That is
akin to saying that Linux has a huge security vulnerability when an Apache
flaw is found.

We need to write to infoworld and tell them off!

--
Dayton Gray
dgray &at& omnio () com