Jeff Abrahamson on 22 Oct 2004 13:52:02 -0000

[PLUG] free book

I received the following hefty tome from Prentice Hall:

    Marcel Gagné, Moving to the Linux Business Desktop

Lest you get excited that it's going to tell you how to use gnucash
and do your billing, I'm afraid it doesn't.  It's a very basic
introduction to linux from the stand point of someone who is setting
up an office.  It deals with installation, customizing your desktop,
file management, basic productivity apps, and basic services (LDAP,
web, NFS, samba, etc.)

I think the main office angle is that they assume you don't know
anything technical or about linux.  So there's probably a vast
audience, but I figured you should know this before lugging 700 pages
home with you.

Speaking of lugging, I'll again offer to deliver it to you in
University City / Center City Philadelphia area, to let you pick it up
from me at Drexel University, or to mail it to you with you passing me
the couple dollars to cover postage.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931686963/purple-20