M.Simons on 22 Oct 2004 17:04:02 -0000

[PLUG] OT:City Tech Summit: Oct 29th

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:38:25 -0400
From: WF2000 <nwallace@wf2000online.org>
Subject: MCOT Summit 2004 - "ePhiladelphia"

Hi All,

Mayor John Street is dedicated to assuring that Philadelphia has a
skilled workforce to meet the needs of an economy driven by technology
and maintain a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.  To this
end, the Mayor's Commission on Technology (MCOT) is convening a Summit,
"ePhiladelphia" on Friday, October 29 at WHYY, 6th & Race Street, 8:00
a.m. - 3:30 p.m. to communicate to the business, academic, non-profit,
public sectors and the world that Philadelphia is positioned to succeed
in a "Knowledge Economy." We invite your participation.

The purpose of the Summit is to showcase technology related initiatives
in the Greater Philadelphia Region designed to benefit businesses and
citizens of Greater Philadelphia.  Our goals are to 1) show how
technology is being used to improve services for citizens, the business
community, education, training and workforce development; and 2) propel
Philadelphia into the ranks of the top 10 cities in the country with a
reputation of being able to satisfy the workforce needs of current and
future employers.

As part of our effort to provide current information regarding technical
education resources to the public, we have developed an online survey
which we would appreciate your completing.  The information you and
others provide on your training programs, plans and/or employee skill
requirements will enable us to update MCOT's Technical Education and
Workforce Development Resource Guide.  The guide will be published and
distributed to participants and placed on MCOT's website.

Please click on the link below to register for the MCOT "ePhiladelphia"
Summit and the Resource Guide survey today.

If you have any questions or need additional information, pleased
contact me at 215-686-4460 or mcot@phila.gov <mailto:mcot@phila.gov>.
We appreciate your support and participation, and look forward to seeing
you at the Summit.

Register Now <http://apps.phila.gov/mcot/mcotreg.nsf/mcotmainpage?OpenPage>

Carole I. Smith
Executive Director