Paul on 28 Oct 2004 21:48:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] A lesson for us all?

Pat Regan wrote:

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Paul wrote:

What happens to productivity when a new person joins the Company? The
current employees are trained to use OOo, but the new employee is most
likely to only know MS Office. How much loss of productivity is there
each time a new employee must be (re)trained?

The productivity loss is probably similar to an employee who used to use Office 97 and is now forced to use Office XP (or the other way around). Some people make the transition very smoothly, others not so well...

My wifey complained about OOo's ability to manipulate text for label printing. Need to check into it.

At home one computer runs OOo and the other has MS Office. (Technically, the third computer also runs OOo, but I don't use it.) I'm not really interested in getting a newer version of MS Office, even if it's free for me. So, eventually we may use OOo only. Not that we need office programs at home that much.