M.Simons on 2 Nov 2004 07:21:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] City Wide Community Town Meeting on Mayor's Wireless Initiative, November 4th, 7:00-900 PM

> Ahhhh... Relief! Not so fast. "It could also be enterprise owned and
> operated with a revenue sharing basis with tiered subscription fees,
> one time usage revenues, roaming revenues."
>
> Overall the GovTech article is a good read. Ms. Neff seems to have a
> good grasp of things, but I think we need some of our clever group
> wispering in her ear. Maybe I'm dreaming.

I *highly* recommend dropping in on your local representatives office to
"get to know them and the services they provide" especially if you are an
upstanding and active local citizen.  Meet your city council reps, your
ward leaders, your state and federal reps.  It's a bit late now, but at
the next election, offer your services, ask for posters and signs for your
lawn, window, etc.

Then, when you have an issue you wish to have input on -- especially
something like this, they will know you, and perhaps listen to you.

I think we *definitely* need input on this, I was particularly
disappointed that I did not hear much about it before the press releases
were put out, especially as I keep an ear to the ground.

--
MS