Art Alexion on 5 Nov 2004 01:45:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] City Wide Community Town Meeting on Mayor's Wireless Initiative, November 4th, 7:00-900 PM

William H. Magill wrote:

Just consider a couple other City owned "Utilities" if you want to see how this will work:

-- PGW
-- SEPTA

SEPTA is a *state* agency. It is controlled by a board composed of members appointed by Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester counties. Philadelphia City Hall has no more control than the West Chester Court House. Most government funding comes (or doesn't come) from the state.

[sorry for going so off topic, but I didn't want this to get past, especially if it will affect people's support of the wireless project]

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c