Stephen Gran on 6 Nov 2004 17:17:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Choosing a cheap video card

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:15:59AM -0500, Pablo Tao Virgo said:
> Been having an ongoing driver problems with my ATI Radeon 7500 and no
> evident way to fix them that I can see, except possibly ditching Debian
> for a few years, which I'd rather not do. Wondering if I could get some
> advice on decent, sub $50 video cards? I've heard matrox has decent open
> source drivers available for older cards?

You may be right, but just a quick look at the radeon module for XFree86
suggests it supports the 7500 (or at least some variants).  Are you sure
that it is a lost cause?
|  Stephen Gran                  | It is easier to write an incorrect      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | program than understand a correct one.  |