George Gallen on 10 Nov 2004 20:31:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Extended characters over Samba

Title: RE: [PLUG] Extended characters over Samba

this is an issue with Samba and Linux, regardless
of the age of the OS's.

I had this issue 5 years ago with Samba, and it
still exists today. Except my problem was with "*"
imbedded in the filename.

I was able to modify SAMBA to at least show the
filename correctly, but I could never get it to
properly transmit it. (It kept expanding it on
the linux side, instead of keeping it as a *).

There is a list of characters, and possibly it's
in the configuration file, for file munging that
will show which characters will not work properly.

George