Tom Diehl on 11 Nov 2004 19:42:03 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Mystery Cron job

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Aaron Crosman wrote:

> That got me there.  In /etc/cron.d there is an awstats job listed. Must
> have been placed there by one of the installers.  Will it hurt anything
> to delete it?

No, it just means that awstats needs to be updated by some other means.
If you are not 100% sure you don't need it you could just open the file
and comment out the entry in it. That way it will no longer execute but
you still have it around for reference.

Regards,

Tom

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com

Anybody who tells me I can't use a program because it's not open source, go
suck on rms. I'm not interested. 99% of what I run tends to be open source,
but that's _my_ choice, dammit.

Linux Torvalds on LKML 26 Oct 2004 in a message to Roman Zippel about BK.