Joseph Sands on 22 Dec 2004 05:01:27 -0000

[PLUG] multiple terminal commands

Hello,

I’m using FC2 and I’m trying to configure a launcher to run several commands at once to bring my wireless connection up. My problem is the system needs to run these commands as root. I’ve added su root as the first command followed by && and the rest of the commands. This does work in prompting me for a password but it doesn’t complete the rest of the commands. I’m not sure if it completes any of the commands as the terminal opens, prompts me for me password, then closes in the blink of an eye. Anyone have this problem or know what I’m doing wrong. Thanks,

Joe Sands

P.S. The command line I entered was “ su root && cd /sbin && ./iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid whatever && ./ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.49 netmask 255.255.255.0 up && ./route add default gw 192.168.1.1” These are the commands I use at the terminal and it vrings up my wireless connection perfectly.