Jason Costomiris on 1 Jan 2005 03:45:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spooky Cable Modem?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:17:47 -0500, W. Chris Shank
<chris.shank@acetechgroup.com> wrote:
>  One of my clients is reporting that his Comcast Cable Modem has woken his
> family up in the middle of the night because a voice comes out of the modem
> which repeats "it's after 3am. it's after 3am. it's after 3 am" for several
> minutes. Has anyone ever heard of this or know if the equipment has this
> technology (ie: speaker)? Or should I tell him to call an exorcist.

You sure maybe he doesn't have the cable modem right next to his
computer and he's got a trojan or some sort of malware running?

BackOrifice, NetBus, Dameware et al. usually have features that let
you record and play sounds on the computer being controlled.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} gmail {dot} com / W: http://www.jasons.org/