Magnus Hedemark on 2 Jan 2005 16:56:31 -0000

[PLUG] $500 Apple

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 15:32 -0500, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> Apple is rumored to be announcing a $499 iMac in about 2 weeks.  It
> will be headless, includes a couple of USB 2.0 ports, 10/100 Ethernet,
> Firewire 400, and offers both VGA and DVI outputs for video.  Standard
> with 256 MB RAM and a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive.

I've been holding my breath waiting for this one.  If it is true, I'm
almost certain to buy one, double the RAM, and make it my new web/mail
server.  And maybe one or two more after that for other uses at home.  I
don't need the latest G5, and I don't need another monitor.  I just need
something that fits well in a stack of systems and if this comes in a
pizza box form factor, so much the better.