George Gallen on 10 Jan 2005 20:24:16 -0000

RE: [PLUG] 2nd Annual "Business, meet Linux" Event?

try the civic associations of the neighboring towns. They are always looking
for ways to save/better their local buisnesses.

George
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of W. Chris Shank
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 3:18 PM
To: Phila Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] 2nd Annual "Business, meet Linux" Event?

Last March my company sponsored an event we dubbed "Business, meet Linux." It was an opportunity for area businesses to learn about Linux and OSS and what it could offer their business. We are thinking about holding it or something like it again. Last year we got a lot of Technical people, which was not our intended audience. This year we'd like to try to get more business people out and we are interested to see how to go about doing that.

I was wondering what members of this list thought, particularly:

- What presentations/topics would compel business people to attend?
- If you went last year what did you think? What could we do better?
- Would you or your business like to participate this year?

Thanks

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC