Paul L. Snyder on 11 Jan 2005 18:43:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Emacs talk?

Quoting Tobias DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net>:

> On Jan 11, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Eric Roode wrote:
> > Would people be interested in a talk on "Advanced Emacs Features"?
> >
> > Or would that turn off the vi people?
>
> I call tar. Who's got feathers? ;-)

Will bzip2 work?

Actually, we had a "emacs vs. vi" religious war planned as a presentation
about a year and a half back, but it never came about due to schedule
conflicts.  As I recall, Jeff Abrahamson was preaching the gospel of emacs,
while I had volunteered to wield the cudgel of vi.  If you plan to convert
the heathens, a no-holds-barred technical smackdown is a good place to
start.

In my opinion, advanced hackery of whatever variety is good PLUG fodder.
I split my time pretty ecumenically between vi and emacs, so I'd be quite
interested in a talk on either. ;-)

pls