Ron Kaye Jr on 13 Jan 2005 16:34:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mini Linux

yes thats the spec.
how to you convert to TVM?

i have rh7 on it now.
slow enough as is, so did not consider rh9, and thus the origin of my inquiry.

i guess i should abandon ship on redhat, if i still dont want to pay.
i am new to every day operations in this environment.

thanks,

ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net>
Sent: Jan 13, 2005 9:32 AM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] mini Linux

Douglas Lentz wrote:

> Re: a little GUI
>
> I've got an old Packard-Bell, 200Mz, 64 Mb RAM, 3.2 gig drive. It's
> running Red Hat 9 with the TWM window manager instead of that Gnome
> thing. I don't use it that much, but it doesn't seem slow to me.
>
> Relevant URL is ttp://www.plig.org/xwinman/vtwm.html

I have used Fluxbox (fluxbox.org), and have found it more functional
(and more fun) than twm, with about the same performance.  Doesn't seem
to be included in any distros, but really easy to install and configure.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c