Eric J. Roode on 14 Jan 2005 17:13:15 -0000

Participation information Re: [PLUG] Keysigning 2/2/2005

Brian Epstein wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Eric Roode wrote:

Does Mike Leone still coordinate these?  I got the impression last week that he
doesn't.  Does the group need a new coordinator-person?  If so, I hereby
foolheartedly volunteer.

I'll also participate if it will happen. I'm already in the web-of-trust, do I need to send out my key again to anyone?

ep

Okay, looks like I will be coordinating the 2/2 keysigning (and who
knows, perhaps all future ones).  So, if you want to participate, read on.

If your key already appears in the PLUG keyring (see the PLUG website to
download the keyring), then check to make sure it is current -- that it
has all your current email addresses, for example.  If it's up-to-date,
then you don't need to do anything.  I'll print out all the keys on that
list.

If your current key does not appear in the keyring, email it to me
(mailto: sdn@comcast.net).  It's advisable (but not required) to encrypt
the message to me; my public key is in the keyring

Either way, bring two things with you to the keysigning: positive
(photo) identification, and a hardcopy printout (NOT any electronic
format) of your key's fingerprint.

Eric J. Roode