George Theall on 15 Jan 2005 01:06:24 -0000

Re: [PLUG] sendmail update question

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:06:39PM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:

> It produces the following....
>
>  NAMED_BIND NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB PIPELINING SCANF USERDB XDEBUG

Well, you do have it: "NEWDB" => Berkeley DB support.

> In being careful I did not want to do a make
> install before I rung it out. There may be no easy way to do that though.

You could run it on an alternate port temporarily: Look at
DaemonPortOptions in doc/op/op.{me,ps} on the one host and see
<http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.39> if you want to have
sendmail on other hosts deliver using the alternate port.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com