Doug Crompton on 3 Feb 2005 04:50:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam Elimination

Jeff,

 I get your point but I am on the side of a hard stand on this. Some areas
of the world are nothing but spam factories, like Korea. The only way it
is going to stop is shut the flow off. If enough big guns did that maybe
the countries would get tough on it. I am also in favor of some kind of
either government or privatly funded entity that would make lists that
private organizations could optionally use to filter mail. We kind of have
that now with the DNSBL's and published spam lists but they are private
and their is no promise they will be there tomorrow. If all of the big
companies anteed up and funded such an effort I think it could work. Right
now you have many companies working on abuse but not really sharing
anything. Most of this crap comes from outside the US. If a country does
not show an effort to fix the problem then shut'em off! Fortunately I do
not have to worry about lawsuits. That is another reason why a tough law
is needed. To protect the companies that protect their 'legal' customers.

If anyone wants my list and methods for spam reduction I would be glad to
share it.

Doug

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:38:25PM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> > I have most countries outside of the US blocked. I have no need
> > to get email from anywhere outside of the US and if I do I will whitelist
> > them individually.
>
> If you hear about them.
>
> --
>  Jeff
>
>  Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287
>  GPG fingerprint: 1A1A BA95 D082 A558 A276  63C6 16BF 8C4C 0D1D AE4B

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *