ChrisB. on 3 Feb 2005 16:30:39 -0000

[PLUG] MythTV/Fedora/MySQL Update

Everyone,

So just as a follow up, it seems I can now connect to the mysql3 service on
my Fedora box. I followed the HOWTO for MySQL and MythTV and it seems I was
missing a step. I am not too sure why but I had to run:

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('ROOT_PWD') WHERE user='root';

After I ran that and flushed my privileges everything seemed to work. It
also seems the 'temporary tables' error I was getting is not a big deal.
Perhaps in the future I will update to mysql4 but for now I am just trying
to get MythTV up and running.

I have done all I can do from here, the next step requires an X server and I
only have SSH access from work. Thanks everyone for your help.

Chris