high_desert on 5 Feb 2005 00:15:00 -0000

[PLUG] Simulate network latency and low bandwidth

I am in involved with a VMWare based lab at work and am trying to better
simulate the WAN over which my group manages NOS and other functions. We can
comfortably run 10 VMWare guests on each of two servers. I am working on
figuring out the best way to add some small, low memory Linux based software
firewalls into the virtual network topology - these will be used to limit
connectivity to IPSec and maybe a few other things like limited ICMP, HTTPS.
Then I thought it through a little farther and want to ask the list, how to
maybe simulate network latency and low bandwidth in a software
firewall/router?