Sarod Yatawatta on 10 Feb 2005 02:41:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Oracle SIG

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Bill Patterson wrote:

> Who else is beating his head against the side of his PC trying to work
> with Oracle 10g and Linux?  10g will only play with certain distros.  To
> make matters worse, my new PC, bought with 10g in mind, doesn't want to
> play with Red Hat or Debian.  It will play with Mandrake, but Oracle
> won't.  Woe is me!

In any distro, before running the installer try creating the following
file.

cat > /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux relase 2.1 (drupal)

Now the installer will think this is redhat and it will work.
more information at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/install/index.html