eric@lucii.org on 10 Feb 2005 23:22:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hardware monitoring

Woo-hoo!  Looks like I'm in the right place at the right time!

Actually I already have smarttools installed (SuSE 9.1 prof)
so I created a simple shell script to monitor things temporarily:

while test 1=1;
do
  echo -n `date "+%H:%M:%S"`
  smartctl -a /dev/hda |grep -i celsius|gawk '{printf(" ");print $10}'
  sleep 5
done

I'm getting:

18:22:29 47
18:22:34 47
18:22:39 46
18:22:45 46
18:22:50 47
18:22:55 47
18:23:01 46
18:23:06 46
18:23:11 46
18:23:17 46
18:23:22 47
18:23:27 46
18:23:33 47
18:23:38 46
18:23:43 46
18:23:48 47
18:23:54 47
18:23:59 47
18:24:04 47
18:24:10 47
18:24:15 47

.... etc

The alarm was for 57 celsius so the added fans help :-)

Eric