Art Clemons on 22 Feb 2005 18:03:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OCR in linux

I have a .pdf file which I'd like to convert to text.
I apt-got a package called gocr (and gocr-gtk, a frontend).
gocr wants .pbm files, so I converted the .pdf to .pbm with
ImageMagick, then used gocr on it.

I suspect that recent versions of KWord will do a better single pass importation of PDFs than the method you're using. If you have a recent version of KDE, you likely have a relatively recent of KOffice to go with it, merely select import and try it on the PDF in question. It works a lot better than most of the standalone programs.